Tips For a Fail-Safe Techniques in Innovation
When time is short, but your looking for some rapid innovation, use one of the following fail-safe innovation techniques.
- Spot an interesting invention, business or process outside of your world
- Identify & record the attributes (the components that make is good)
- Force yourself to incorporate these attributes on a process or project you have
- Find a problem and define what the problem is, who and how it affects people?
- Determine the cause of the problem
- Identify the key attributes (parts of the problem)
- Solve the problems part by part
- If you could start what you are doing from scratch what would you differently?
- How can you get other people to help collaborate on the project?
- Think of what prototype could you create to represent the idea?
- Map the touch points/steps of what you are doing already (list them or mind map the steps)
- Identify just one touch point to work on (insignificant ones can be good)
- Apply one of the following promotes to the touch point. Speed up, slow down, reverse, modify, substitute, strengthen, combine
- Identify the key touch point element of your process
- If you had to remove the key touch point what would you need to do to survive?
- If you really couldn’t remove it what could you substitute it with?
Article source via: http://www.innovationblueprint.com.au/innovation-blog/2013/5/22/fail-safe-rapid-innovation-techniques.html
- Magnifying Success (innovationcrunch.wordpress.com)
- Top Tips in Creating Innovative Ideas (innovationcrunch.wordpress.com)
- Blueprint for a Successful Innovation (innovationcrunch.wordpress.com)